Members and Players
RSM Australia has been appointed by the ACT Government, in partnership with Bowls ACT, to undertake a strategic review of bowls in the ACT. This review is designed to assist with future planning considerations for the sport.
We are seeking to broadly engage with clubs, organisations, players and other stakeholders to understand the role that bowls plays in our local community and seek your insights and perspective on a range of different aspects of the sport.
During September, RSM Advisors will be asking the community to participate in individual consultation sessions and make submissions to the project.
How you can have your say
▪ Complete the online Members and Players survey using the following link: bit.ly/ACTBowlsSurvey
▪ Sign up at your local club to participate in a face to face interview. There will be limited opportunities for interviews with RSM advisors at your club.
Submissions for our community survey and written submissions will close on October 15. Your Club Committee will advise you of date and times for face to face interviews.
Key Themes of the Review
▪ Understand the financial sustainability of the sport, the annual cost and annual revenue for each lawn bowls facility in the ACT.
▪ Conduct membership data analysis for ACT bowls clubs, identify membership trends, understand demographics, member travel time and engagement in the sport.
▪ Forecast short and long-term future of existing bowls facilities in the ACT, analyse economic feasibility of each facility.
▪ Develop long-term strategy for bowls in the ACT, quantify the current and estimate future demands of lawn bowls greens in line with estimated population growth and changing demographics out to 2040.
▪ Review the role of Bowls ACT, including its revenue model and key responsibilities as a peak body.
Member and Player Questions
We want members and players to tell us about
- Why did you choose your club? What are the key benefits of belonging to this club? What activities do you most enjoy and why?
- Why do you play bowls? Do you play competitively in pennant competitions, socially in club competitions, occasionally?
- What efforts has your club or organisation placed into the development and management of facilities and greens? How are facilities and greens managed and maintained for the future?
- What are your preferred playing surfaces? Why do you prefer this surface? Have you played on synthetic turf? Are you interested in playing on synthetic turf? Why or Why not?
- What do you consider the three most important things that Bowls ACT and all Clubs in the ACT should focus on in the future?
- Is there anything else that you feel we should consider in preparing this report for the ACT Government?
A note on privacy – we respect your privacy and will not share your personal information with anyone else. We will collect all the responses together and ensure that individuals cannot be identified in our report.
RSM’s privacy statement can be found by clicking on this link: https://www.rsm.global/australia/privacy-policy.