OUR FUTURE FEMALE LEADERS PROGRAM
An innovative leadership program for Women in Bowls.
Following the recent implementation of The Women in Bowls Working Party, Bowls Australia (BA) is proud to announce the launch of the Our Future Female Leaders Program.
Our Future Female Leaders Program is a learning and development program that has come to fruition with the significant support provided by Sport Aust and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).
The program itself has been designed by the AIS Performance People and Teams (PPT) branch, facilitated by the Melbourne Business School (MBS) and supported by Sport Aust through the Women Leaders in Sport (WLIS) grant program.
Our Future Female Leaders Program is tailored to women in management, administration, advisory and coaching roles within BA, State and Territory Associations and clubs Australia-wide.
The program also supports the transition from player to coach and/or an administrator.
The program will be delivered throughout 2020 via a series of face-to-face residential modules, immersive experiences, project work, mentoring, individual assessment and regular feedback and reflection.
Our Future Female Leaders Program will fund a maximum of 15 participants, with successful placements determined through a rigorous application and selection process.
Participants must confirm they can attend the three face-to-face modules held at the Melbourne Business School, in Melbourne, VIC.
- Module 1: 7–8 April 2020
- Module 2: 21–22 September 2020
- Module 3: 16-17 November 2020
The program will focus on three key themes:
- Personal Leadership
- Managing the complexity of your role
- Building self-belief and awareness
- Collaborative Leadership
- Inspire high performance
- Develop and lead others
- Team Dynamics and Leading Culture
- Contributing to a high performing environment
- Engage others in the team with clear purpose
The learning environment will unlock diverse experiences and perspectives and result in participants:
- Being self-aware and open to feedback
- Demonstrating authenticity and courage
- Considering the bigger picture
- Generating value back within the bowls community
- 12-month learning and development program
- Accommodation in Melbourne for each module
- Catering during each module (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- Flights (interstate participants)
- Evening meals (attendance at one dinner program dinner app $40ph)
- Ground transport (airport to venue)
We encourage you to submit an application if you are looking for personal growth and professional development for the role you currently hold within bowls.
Apply by completing the application form below, ensuring you attach a copy of your CV and cover letter, detailing why you believe the 2020 Our Future Female Leaders Program is the right development opportunity for you.
Applications Open – Friday 6 March 2020
Applications Close – 5pm Friday 20 March 2020
For more information, please contact Peter Brown a Bowls Australia on (03) 94807100 or firstname.lastname@example.org