2023 ACT Pairs Draw
Bowls ACT are proud to release the draw for the 2023 ACT Pairs Championship to be played at Queanbeyan Bowls Club and Queanbeyan RSL Memorial Bowling Club and thank both clubs for supporting the event.
Due to the fantastic number of entries received Bowls ACT request all players check the draw for their start time and venue with Men & Women playing at both venues.
- Four Womens second round games will be played in the morning of Saturday Feb 11. These games are:
- Harmer & Bacchetto v Blandy & Grigg – QBC 9.30am
- Schipp & McGown v Van Gerven & Hogan – QBC 9.30am
- Webster & Tse v Warren & Stitt – QRSLM 9.30am
- Donney & Pritchard v Mazins & Blunden – QRSLM 9.30am
- All games from the third round onward will be played at Queanbeyan RSL Memorial Bowling Club. This has been done to prevent players having to travel between clubs during a days play. As such only one round will be played on Sunday Feb 12 with Women’s games drawn in the morning and Men’s games in the afternoon.
Bowls ACT & the match committee appreciate the unusual aspects of the draw, but have made the decision due to entry numbers, green space available, feedback from prior competitions and the knowledge that travelling between venues during a days play is highly undesirable. Members with questions may discuss the draw by calling or emailing Bowls ACT.
- An open draw will be conducted prior to the event. Maximum two (2) trial ends shall be permitted at the commencement of the each game.
- Dead ends do not count – ends to be replayed.
- Format is four bowl pairs played over 21 ends. Bowls are to be played 2x2x2x2
- Club uniform is to be worn
- Teams can be made up by of members of any Bowls ACT club(s) and can be from one or more clubs.
- Event winners will be eligible to represent ACT at the 2023 Nationals
- Prizes – Badges will be awarded plus $100pp for the winners and $50pp for the runners-up
- The host club is the event controlling body. The controlling body may change the event format if required due to inclement weather.