2023 Rookie Singles – Nominations Now Open
Bowls ACT are excited to partner with Queanbeyan RSL Memorial for the final ACT event of 2023!
The 2023 Bowls ACT Rookie Singles is now open for Men & Women first affiliated since January 1st 2019 (Fifth playing season) and will be played at Queanbeyan RSL Memorial Bowling Club on the weekend of December 2 & 3. This competition gives players at similar stages in their career path an opportunity to compete against players of comparable experience. Given the impacts of COVID the eligibility was extended in 2022, however players are now only permitted to compete in this competition twice. Nominations close Monday November 20th.
- An open draw will be conducted prior to the event. Maximum two (2) trial ends shall be permitted at the commencement of each game.
- Dead ends are to be re-spotted on the ‘T’
- Play will be conducted in sections on day one, with section winners progressing to the knockout stage on day two.
- All games will be played 2x nine ends sets, with a three end tiebreak if required
- Players who have a bye will be required to mark.
- Club uniform is to be worn
- Prizes – Badges will be awarded plus $100pp for the winners and $50pp for the runners-up
- The host club is the event controlling body. The controlling body may change the event format if required due to inclement weather.
Determination of winners (sectional play)
- Score difference (margin)
- Score Percentage (Shots for divided by shots against)
- If all are tied then the result of the game between the two tied players will determine the player to advance