Social competitions are a fun way to get involved with Bowls at your local club. The competitions are aimed at creating a fun a inviting atmosphere for all, not just bowlers.
Competitions are played under the Jack Attack format, with 2 sets of 5 ends plus a tie break end if required. Matches are capped at 1.5 hours to make sure you’ve got time for dinner afterwards and with unlimited substitutions between ends you can bring as many people as you want to be part of the team if someone needs to duck out early!
- Three players on the Green
- Team order interchangeable (between ends)
- Unlimited Substitutions (between ends)
- Each player plays two bowls per end
- Five ends per set
- Two sets per match
- Sudden-Death tie break end to determine winner, where sets are split evenly
- Number of bowls closer to the jack than the nearest opposition bowl equals points for the end
- Winner of previous ends places the jack wherever they want at the opposite end of the green
- Each team receives a PowerPlay* end per set
- If the Jack is knocked out of play it is placed back on the ‘T’
*PowerPlay – Points scored are doubled for the end. Opposing team skip must be notified prior to the end starting that you wish to use your PowerPlay.
To find and enter your local competition click on the link below;
The Cobra Cup
Where: Canberra Bowling Club, Forrest
When: Friday Nights, 6pm
February 18 – March 25, 2022
Cost: $45/team/week ($270 per team for the competition) to be invoiced prior to competition start.
Enter Here – Entries Close February 14
The RUC and Maul Championship
Where: Canberra North Bowling Club (The RUC), Turner
When: Wednesday Nights, 6pm
February 16 – March 23, 2022
Cost: $60/team/week ($360 per team for the competition) to be invoiced prior to competition start.
ENTER HERE – Entries Close February 13
Belconnen Bowling Club – Wednesday Night Owls – FULL
Where: Belconnen Bowling Club, Hawker
When: Wednesday Nights, 6.45pm
January 12 – March 2, 2022
Couldn’t find a competition that suits you?
If those dates or venues don’t suit you then please register your interest through the form below! We will look to get you set up with a competition that suits you a bit better. Or, if you’re looking for a team to join we can try to help you find one!