Conditions of Play – UPDATE
The Bowls ACT Board is happy to announce that starting from February 1st, 2021 Bowls ACT will have an updated Conditions of Play.
The new CoP, enforceable from February 1, 2021 will allow composite teams to enter ACT Championship events. Composite teams mean that participants will not be required to be members of the same club.
This rule (2.3 – Player Eligibility) will be updated in a new Conditions of Play to be implemented from the 1st of February 2021. The change in conditions will have no effect on Pennants as the rules for Pennants have remained consistent with the 2020 CoP.
The decision making from the Board has been based on several factors, including;
- Allowing the best teams to be available for Australian Championships
- Increasing exposure for talented players
- Increasing learning opportunities for less experienced players
- Greater opportunity for less experienced players to form teams
- Learnings from the precedent set in other STA’s
To read the new Conditions of Play please head here.
The Board is excited to see further development in the ACT Championship events moving forward and will continue to monitor the development of these events.