Doran Bowl 2023 – Draw Now Online
It is with pleasure to announce the draw for the 2023 Doran Bowl to be hosted by Queanbeyan Bowls Club on Saturday November 25 is now online having grown to 14 teams in 2023. Many thanks to all the clubs and members for supporting the event open to any female bowler whose initial date of registration is after January 1st 2018.
The Doran Bowl is one of the ACT’s longest standing events, with history dating back to 1954. Doran Bowl side consists of a team of 4 players, generally from the same Club. The exception to the same club rule is when a composite team is created to allow more players to compete. The Club of the winning team becomes the host for the following year’s event. The composite team is eligible to win the event, but in this case, the next placed team will be the host for the following year. Players may change positions between the first and second matches.
- An open draw will be conducted prior to the event. Maximum two (2) trial ends shall be permitted at the commencement of each game.
- Dead ends do not count – ends to be replayed.
- Format is two bowl fours played over two games of 15 ends.
- Club uniform is to be worn
- Prizes – Doran Bowl winners will be eligible to host the following year and be awarded the perpetual trophy.
- The host club is the event controlling body. The controlling body may change the event format if required due to inclement weather.
Determination of Winners
- The number of points (2 per win, 1 per draw, 0 per loss).
- If the number of points is equal, the team with the highest margin (shots for minus shots against in all matches).
- If level on points and margin, then the highest percentage shots (shots for divided by shots against in all matches).
- If sides are still level, the winner of the match between the two equal sides will be declared the winner, in the event that the sides have not played one another or that three sides are equal, progression between the sides that are level shall be decided by the toss of a coin (if there are two sides) or by lot (if more than two sides).